Adopt a Best Friend
Our Adoption Process
- Find your pet: View our available pets online or at our shelter facility in Jamestown.
- Application: Print out, complete, and send us the HSOTC Adoption Contract
- Adoption Requirements: Find out what we require to ensure a smooth adoption by clicking here.
- Meet a caretaker: Our caretakers are trained to help make the best pet match for you and your new family member. Each pet available for adoption has received a medical and behavioral assessment in order to help determine the best home for that pet. Caretakers will help you decide if the animal you are interested in is a good match for your lifestyle and will direct you to any other pets that may be appropriate.
- Complete the adoption: Once your adoption application has been approved and you’ve found that perfect match, it’s time to complete the adoption process.
- For pet shelter location and hours, click here.
We prefer that all members of the household (including other dogs) are part of the adoption process to ensure that the chosen pet is compatible with everyone. If they are unavailable, a “hold” may be placed on the pet for a limited timeframe in order for any family or other pets to come in and meet with us and the new pet.
All adoption fees collected assist in the daily care and on-going needs of each animal admitted to the Humane Society of Tuolumne County.
Adopting a Pet As A Gift
Since it’s important for people to choose their own pets that fit their preferences, we do not adopt pets as gifts.
As our shelter fills up, you can make a difference in helping save an animal’s life by being a foster parent. Please help us shelter some of these wonderful animals while they await their new forever homes.
Pet Search Questionnaire
Complete this questionnaire to help us match you with the perfect new friend.